Nurture Teacher, Rattray Primary School (PKC02395)
Nurture Teacher (Permanent) - PKC02395
£22,416 - £35,763
Rattray Primary School
Teaching nurture class and associated planning and recording.
• Developing the school curriculum.
• Assessing, recording and reporting on the work and progress of pupils.
• Providing advice and guidance to pupils on issues related to their education and welfare.
• Promoting and safeguarding the health, welfare and safety of pupils.
• Working in partnership with parents, support staff and other professionals.
• Undertaking appropriate and agreed continuing professional development.
• Participating in issues related to school planning, raising achievement and individual review.
• Contributing towards good order and the wider needs of the school.
Please note, should you be invited to attend interview, you will be asked to provide 2 references, one of which must be your current or most recent line manager. If you are already employed as a teacher with Perth & Kinross Council, you are only required to provide 1 reference, which must be from your current line manager.
As Perth & Kinross Council operate an open reference policy, the onus will be on you to provide us with your references. You should print off the job profile and reference form and give them to your referees for completion. (An alternative is to save it and e-mail it to your referees). It is also important to include the reference number of the post on the pro-forma. The references should then be presented to the chair of the interview panel when you attend.
For further information on this post, please contact Lyn Boxall on 01250 871980.
Please APPLY ONLINE. Online facilities are available at all public libraries in Perth and Kinross. If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please call 01738 475555 to discuss.
• Have, or be eligible for, full GTC Scotland registration.
• Have a Diploma/Degree in Primary Education.
• Have experience of learning and teaching.
• Have experience of preparing and delivering differentiated work.
• Be able to demonstrate knowledge of relevant current curriculum developments including a Curriculum for Excellence, Assessment is for Learning and their bearing on classroom practice 3-18.
• Be able to use ICT in relation to learning, teaching and classroom management.
• Be able to apply a variety of teaching strategies in order to meet the needs of all learners.
• Have knowledge and experience of the application of positive behaviour management strategies.
• You must be able to develop and maintain appropriate relationships with pupils, staff and parents.
• Be able to cope with the demands of the job and attend on a regular basis.
• Have an awareness of Health and Safety Issues as they affect you and others comply with all relevant Health and Safety legislation. Be able to treat pupils, colleagues, parents and the community in accordance with the Council’s policies on equalities and dignity at work.
• Be able to demonstrate commitment to the policy and practice of Inclusion. Be able to communicate and liaise effectively and sensitively with staff, parents, pupils and the wider community.
• Have effective oral and written communication skills. Be able to track and analyse pupil attainment.
• Be able to plan for improvement of attainment. Be able to contribute to school self evaluation, planning and development.
• Have evidence of a commitment to raising standards and promoting effective learning and teaching.
• Have a commitment to continuing professional development You must be able to demonstrate effective participation in a team situation, whether as member or leader. You must be able to work both under own initiative and as a member of a team
As part of our safer recruitment measures, Perth & Kinross Council carries out rigorous checks on the right to work in the UK, qualifications, employment history, including references, and fitness to undertake the post.
Some jobs may have been traditionally carried out predominately by one gender, but we would encourage you to apply if you meet the requirements, irrespective of your gender.
Rattray PS - Nurture Teacher - Job Profile.doc