Warehouse Operative – Sorter - Loader / Delivery Driver – Courier (AWDO-P2745)
7 days left
- Full Time
Warehouse Operative / Depot Sorter & Loader / Parcel Delivery Driver / Multi Drop Courier required for a well-established Company based in Livingston, West Lothian, Scotland.
SALARY: National Living Wage + Benefits
WORKING HOURS: 40 Hours per Week (varied shift patterns)
** Your Time Will Be Split Between the Depot and Driving **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Warehouse Operative / Depot Sorter & Loader / Parcel Delivery Driver / Multi Drop Courier that has good organisational, driving and time management skills.
This is a dual role and successful candidates will have their time split between working as a Warehouse Operative / Depot Sorter & Loader and working as a Parcel Delivery Driver / Multi Drop Courier
Working as the Warehouse Operative / Depot Sorter & Loader you will work within a Team to ensure that all freight is sorted and allocated to correct postcode areas.
As the Warehouse Operative / Depot Sorter & Loader you will support the smooth running of the operation so that drivers are able to leave the depot with a fully loaded vehicle in a timely manner, enabling them to meet timed delivery deadlines.
When working as the Parcel Delivery Driver / Multi Drop Courier you will be tasked with delivering parcels within your allocated route, which should be covered within 80 to 120 stops per day, depending on the area covered.
As the Parcel Delivery Driver / Multi Drop Courier you should have excellent customer service and time management skills to ensure you meet timed delivery deadlines and portray a professional Company image to the customer.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Warehouse Operative / Depot Loader duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensuring compliance of security procedures by checking all vehicles for mislaid packages from previous routes
- Sorting and arranging freight into pre-determined postcode areas
- Identifying damaged packages and report findings to the Line Manager
- Identifying ‘Timed Service’ products and allocating items to relevant postcode areas
- Ensuring packages for delivery are sufficiently documented (i.e. COD, VOG etc)
- Assisting drivers with the loading of freight into vehicles
- Complying with local procedures with regards the handling of high value goods
- Working in a timely and efficient manner, complying with local deadlines to avoid incurring fines to the business
- Completing any relevant documentation as per local requirements
Parcel Delivery Driver / Multi Drop Courier duties and responsibilities include:
- Carry out a routine inspection of allocated vehicle to ensure it is safe and roadworthy
- Report vehicle maintenance requirements to a Transport Manager
- Ensure your allocated vehicle is maintained in accordance with required inspection standards
- Drive your allocated vehicle with due care and attention in accordance with the Highway Code of Practice
- Deliver and collect all requested freight in line with set expectations and instructions
- Operate as per training and instructions, your allocated PDA
- Comply with local procedures with regards the handling of high value goods
- Complete any relevant documentation, such as mileage and vehicle defect sheets
- Work in a timely and efficient manner, complying with local deadlines to avoid incurring fines to the business
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
Ideal candidates should:
- Anticipate, respond to and seek to exceed the expectations of existing and potential customers
- Show support for business values and demonstrate a high level of honesty and integrity
- Respond positively to changing business circumstances and readily adapts behaviour to maintain effective performance
- Be able to work in a well-structured manner with strong organisational skills
- Ensure tasks are completed by set timescales, accurately and with an attention to detail
- Builds and maintains good working relationships, able to communicate effectively with all internal and external stakeholders
- Good level of literacy and numeracy skills
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
Transport Jobs in Livingston
Distribution Careers and Vacancies in West Lothian, Scotland
AWD online operates as an employment agency
Apply for Warehouse Operative – Sorter - Loader / Delivery Driver – Courier (AWDO-P2745)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly