Arts Development Officer (fixed term)
- Full Time
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
An exciting fixed term opportunity is available within Aberdeenshire Council’s busy arts development team. We are looking for a creative professional/practitioner with community partnership and project management, art commissioning experience to deliver targeted programme of work in the North of Aberdeenshire (Banff and Buchan and Buchan areas of Aberdeenshire).
Note: Whilst the post is based in Woodhill House Aberdeen it is expected that a large proportion of the development work, up to 80%, will be based in the North of Aberdeenshire area. The ability to drive and willingness to travel across Aberdeenshire is therefore an essential requirement.
This is a Politically Restricted position as identified by the Local Government and Housing Act 1989. Further information on restrictions as a result of this designation is available by visiting the recruitment pages.
This post has a minimum requirement of one reference which must be your current or most recent employer.
Fixed term for a period not exceeding 31/12/2016.
Informal enquiries to Carol Leathley - 07919 228831.
Plan and deliver a strategic approach to arts development and creative learning in Aberdeenshire, acting as lead officer within the arts team for specific art forms, thematic areas of work and specific focus on North Aberdeenshire. Work effectively with other Council services and external agencies at all levels, local, regional and national.
There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation.
• Initiate, plan and lead actions to meet specific aims of the Arts Development, Creative Learning, agenda and other relevant policies as part of the Arts Development team.
• Plan and deliver innovative, inspiring and engaging programmes of activity which build civic pride and a sense of local distinctiveness through cultural development projects, acting as a lead officer within Aberdeenshire Council’s Arts Development team.
• Devise and implement a programme of local cultural activity that increases creative arts engagement, learning and participation across Aberdeenshire.
• Initiate meaningful and productive links with local authority partners, local groups, communities, creatives and external organisations, providing expert advice and sharing information.
• Support key cultural objectives of the Culture, Sport and CLD business plan, undertake responsibility for building capacity within the Arts and Cultural Sector and develop strategies to strengthening the contribution of the Arts Development team within and beyond the Aberdeenshire area.
• Contribute to the monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the impact of the Culture, Sport and CLD business plan.
• Contribute to Aberdeenshire Partnership programme as and when required.
• Contribute to the financial planning and management of budgets and access additional funding.
Please see attached Job Profile for further details.
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf
Arts Development Officer Job Profile.pdf