Supply Catering Assistants, Various Locations (Catering16 09/16)
2 days left
- Full Time
We are currently looking to recruit to our casual staff bank. You should note that hours will not be guaranteed and successful applicants will be placed onto a casual bank and will be contacted to cover shifts as and when required.
Applications will be processed as they are submitted.
West Lothian Council currently applies a living wage supplement to all employees earning less than £8.33 per hour
You will be assisting the Cook Suppervisor/Assistant Cook in the duties detailed below.
The key duties of this post are:
- Undertake as part of a team food preparation, simple cooking, serving and clearing of food. On site and transported meals.
- The use of electrical equipment.
- Follow cleaning routine determined by West Lothian Council Facilities Management.
- Set up and clearing of Dining Areas
The skills and experience you must have are:
- Previous catering experience preferred but not essential.
- E.H.I.S. Elementary certificate required but will be offered in-house.
- Must be flexible and be able to work additional hours as required.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by West Lothian Council.