Supply Cleaner, Various Locations (Clean2016 09/16)
2 days left
- Full Time
We are currently looking to recruit to our casual staff bank. You should note that hours will not be guaranteed and successful applicants will be placed onto a casual bank and will be contacted to cover shifts as and when required.
Applications will be processed as they are submitted.
West Lothian Council currently applies a living wage supplement to all employees earning less than £8.33 per hour
You will be required to cover adhoc shifts at short notice and also longer term contracts covering long term sick and holidays.
You must be able to attend Full Day In-house Training and you must be flexible and be able to work additional hours as required
The key duties of this post are:
- To follow cleaning specifications decided by West Lothian Council Facilities Management Services.
- The use of electrical cleaning equipment
- Where required, the security of premises and contents including the operation of fire and burglar alarm and the key holding responsibility.
- Duties may vary between term and closure period in schools and colleges and apply to all associated units
The skills and experience you must have are:
- Experience in the cleaning industry or trained to BICS Operators Proficiency Stage 1 preferred but not essential
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by West Lothian Council.