5 days left
- Full Time
Acting Editor – Maternity Cover
Salary: £19,000 to £23,000 DOE
Dynamic, Glasgow-based magazine publishing company, 2A Publishing Ltd, are looking for someone to join them as Acting Editor on a maternity cover contract.
We are looking for someone to join our hard-working, eclectic team to continue the stellar work that we currently produce, while our editor is off on maternity leave. We produce magazines in the disability and healthcare sector, catering to a variety of different audiences. The role offers the successful applicant the chance to challenge themselves and grow their knowledge base, as well as contributing to some of the UK’s top magazines in the healthcare industry.
What experience should you have to be our Acting Editor?
- You should have experience as an editor within magazine publishing (close experience will be considered – a title is not always everything)
- You must be experienced in feature writing for magazines, interviewing, proof reading, image sourcing, scheduling issues in advance
- You must be comfortable working towards tight deadlines
- You must be comfortable working with designers, freelancers, sales teams
- You must be confident to put forward feature ideas for future issues
- You must be comfortable flatplanning magazine issues
- Experience in updating website content and social media would be advantageous
- Attention to detail should be second to none
- Experience with InDesign and Photoshop would be advantageous
Who should apply for this Acting Editor role?
- You must be willing to work as part of a team
- You must have a sense of humour
- You must be willing to go over and above to ensure the magazines are the best they can be
- You must be organised
- You must be reliable and punctual
- You must be able to use your own initiative
- You must be a motivated individual
- You must be open-minded
If this Acting Editor role sounds like you, please apply now!
Apply for Acting Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly