Senior Development Officer (Smarter Choices, Smarter Places)
4 days left
- Full Time
Smarter Choices, Smarter Places Senior Development Officer
Responsible to SCSP Manager
Office base - Alloa
- Support the delivery of Paths for All's (PFA) vision, strategy and priorities for active travel by assisting with the delivery of the Smarter Choices, Smarter Places (SCSP) Programme
- Support the Manager responsible for SCSP and the Management Team to deliver the SCSP programme (the Programme) on behalf of Transport Scotland, through an outcomes based planning approach.
- Assist the SCSP Manager with the strategic development and delivery of the Programme.
- Lead on the provision of ongoing support for application preparation and project implementation, delivery, evaluation and reporting to local authority SCSP projects. This will involve regular review and revision of guidance, support materials and online information; co-ordination of regional support meetings; and developing a structured approach to the provision of one-to-one advice.
- Co-ordinate assessment processes for applications for funding, project progress reporting, and project completion reporting; including providing feedback to SCSP projects.
- Provide the secretariat for the SCSP Steering Group.
- Oversee the administration of SCSP operational activities, with support of Grants Officer, including processing grant payments, maintaining accurate supplier records and other financial record keeping, and monitoring and evaluation tasks in accordance with PFA financial processes.
- Co-ordinate Programme monitoring and evaluation tasks, and reporting requirements to Transport Scotland.
- Co-ordinate the provision of accurate grant offer letters and conditions of grant to local authorities; and ensure efficient monitoring and recording of responses.
- Assist the SCSP Manager with the development and implementation of a programme of online SCSP training resources for project officers.
- Lead on the development and facilitation of a SCSP Network for the exchange of information, experience and ideas. Lead on the planning and facilitation of periodic SCSP learning events including seminars, workshops and site/project based opportunities.
- Support the SCSP Manager to design and implement a communications plan including models of best practice, positive stories and case study information to support media, PR, events and activity to promote the Programme and the benefits of travel behaviour change. This will include support to wider PFA media and PR activity
- Lead on networking and external communications through strategic development and management of a contacts database, delivery of regular electronic newsletters and updates, and the SCSP web pages with support from PFA Communications Team.
- Assist the SCSP Manager and Management Team in the preparation of reports, annual reviews and business plans in relation to the Programme.
- Deliver effective and supportive line management to the SCSP Development Officer.
- Contribute to topic and wider staff teams, including input to PFA e-bulletins, communications messages, meetings and best practice sharing.
- Carry out all work related tasks in line with the policies and procedures in the staff handbook.
- Undertake such other duties as may be required.