Our client is looking to recruit an Engineering Manager to be based in Glasgow. They are a well respected and established company specialising in the manufacture and supply of a variety of steel and plastic industrial packaging items.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant Engineering experience.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to drive Engineering team
- Strong communication skills both verbally and electronically
- Milling, turning and basic electrical experience preferred.
Roles and Responsibilities;
- Provide leadership to the Engineering Team delegating key responsibilities to staff
- Manage the Engineering Teams day to day activities - make most effective and efficient utilisation of the available resources to provide effective engineering services/support
- Make use of IT systems and software to support efficient management of Engineering function
- Maintain, and manage the development of, the Engineering Team
- Responsibility for the performance and maintenance of equipment and machinery
- Agree the operational performance requirements of the Engineering Team with management to define performance and improvement targets.
- Monitor and improve quality performance of the Engineering Team
- Leading the root cause investigation of any significant production failures or customer complaints within area of responsibility.
- Provide expert Engineering support to;
- New plant and equipment selection and implementation
- New product development and introduction
- Provide timely reports to management on the progress and issues relating to relevant projects
- Lead by example in embedding a proactive Health and Safety culture within the Engineering team and within Carrick Packaging as a whole. Ensure that health and safety requirements are met and performance is continually improved.