Teacher of English, Perth Academy (PKC02312)
6 days left
- Full Time
Teacher of English (Fixed Term until 23 December 2016)
£22,416 - £35,763
You have the opportunity to join a thriving English department. All levels, up to and including Advanced Higher, are taught in the department.
Subject to the policies of the school and the education authority the duties of teachers, promoted and unpromoted, are to perform such tasks as the headteacher shall direct having reasonable regard to overall teacher workload related to the following categories:-
• Teaching assigned classes together with associated preparation and correction.
• Developing the school curriculum.
• Assisting, recording and reporting on the work of pupils.
• Preparing pupils for examinations and assisting with their administration.
• Providing advice and guidance to pupils on issues related to their education.
• Promoting and safeguarding the health, welfare and safety of pupils.
• Working in partnership with parents, support staff and other professionals.
• Undertaking appropriate and agreed continuing professional development.
• Participating in issues related to school planning, raising achievement and individual review.
• Contributing towards good order and the wider needs of the school.
For further information on this post, please contact the headteacher on 01738 458000.
Please note, should you be invited to attend interview, you will be asked to provide 2 references. Therefore, when completing your application for this post, please ensure you provide contact details for two referees. One should be your current or most recent employer. If you are already employed as a teacher with Perth & Kinross Council, you are only required to provide 1 reference, which must be from your current head teacher.
As Perth & Kinross Council operates an open reference policy, the onus will be on you to provide us with your references. You should e-mail the job profile and reference template to your referees for completion. (It is also important to include the reference number of the post on the proforma. The references should then be presented to the chair of the interview panel when you attend.
Please APPLY ONLINE. Facilities are available at all public libraries in Perth and Kinross. If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please call 01738 475555 to discuss.
As part of our safer recruitment measures, Perth & Kinross Council carries out rigorous checks on the right to work in the UK, qualifications, employment history, including references, and fitness to undertake the post.
Some jobs may have been traditionally carried out predominately by one gender, but we would encourage you to apply if you meet the requirements, irrespective of your gender.
Perth Academy - Teacher of English - Job Profile.doc