Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
Are you looking for a career in care? Do you have the required people skills of compassion, patience, enthusiasm, kind and supportive?
Responders will be based in Inverurie and work in teams of two between 17.00am to 22.00 and respond to all un-planned care across Garioch (Inverurie, Westhill, Kintore, Blackburn, Kemnay, Insch) Formartine - (Turriff, Ellon, Oldmeldrum and surrounding areas).
Working to the priorities of the National Care Standards - Care at Home, and within the policies and procedures of Aberdeenshire Council, you will get real opportunities from a varied and rewarding role.
Although no professional qualification is required, you must be willing and prepared to undertake an SVQ in Social Care.
This post is regulated work with protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where applicable, this post also requires an Overseas Criminal Record Check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
This post is designated as a 'Mobile' post as detailed on the Worksmart website - http://worksmart.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/
Location: Responders will be based in Inverurie and will have the use of a pool car.
Informal enquiries to Morag Harris Tel 01467 628 622
TWO references are required for this post of which one must be your current or most recent employer.
Provide care and support to service users and their families within their own homes to manage aspects of daily living, allowing service users to live independently, and promoting their rights, autonomy and choices.
- Assist and support the service user in a person centred approach to undertake the activities of daily living to help maintain their quality of life and remain at home as per the outcomes and goals identified in their personal plans and in adherence to National Care Standards
- Provide or assist with intimate personal care when required
- Follow procedural guidelines and complete appropriate recording documentation in required formats
- Contribute information in review of service users and updated personal plans
- Work closely with other professionals and informal carers in order to achieve optimum independence for individual users
- Use hand held device in order to access work schedules and record hours worked
- Report accurate and relevant information to appropriate person to assist with the quality of service provision
- Academic achievement to Scottish National Level 4 or 5, Standard Grades or equivalent transferable experience and skills
- Current valid driving licence
- Ability to work on own initiative and within service required guidelines
- Ability to build and sustain appropriate professional relationships within the team and family members
- Ability to communicate clearly to service users and other professionals using a range of communication methods
- Understanding of the needs and rights of older people and people with disabilities
- Ability to cope with demanding work from both a physical and emotional perspective
- Ability to exercise discretion in dealing with confidential and or sensitive matters
- SVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care or agreement to undertake in post within specified period
- Willing to commit to training in order to achieve SSSC Registration
- Experience of working in a care setting
- Ability to work in challenging situations with diplomacy and tact
- Knowledge of Health and Safety standards in the workplace
Job Profile Home Carer 2009-11-30.pdf
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf