Venue Assistant (Letting), Howden Park Centre, (385.14), INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY
Applications for this post will only be accepted from current employees of West Lothian Council (this includes casual and agency staff who are currently undertaking work for us)
36 hours per week
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic person to play a key role in delivering a high-quality, professional and seamless one-stop facilities booking system at Howden Park Centre, the principal arts venue in West Lothian.
You will provide support and advice to hirers of the premises to ensure that their catering requirements are fully met and liaise closely with other colleagues, suppliers, sales representatives, council officers, customers, health and safety officers.
Hours will vary according to the needs of the service and may include evening and weekend working depending on the program, therefore a willingness to work flexible hours is essential.
The key duties of this post are:
- Manage and coordinate bookings and computerised venue and facility management system.
- Show customers and potential customers around the premises and provide guidance and assistance during the course of the let to ensure their use of the premises is in line with the Conditions of Let. To liaise with customers and supervise all aspects of their booking to satisfactory completion
- Have an intimate knowledge of the pricing structure and its application to events, to be able to accurately provide quotes for customers’ events.
- Where required, assist the catering service in the delivery of event catering, and the Venue Assistants in the set up of the venue for events.
- Assist in the preparation of daily letting and catering income.
- Actively up- sell and promote the venue and its services to potential customers in order to maximise income generation to ensure targets are met and all income is recovered and dealt with in accordance with council’s financial procedures
- PECOS ordering.
- All administrative tasks related to the Arts Service venue bookings and customer bookings.
- To book casual stewards in accordance with the health and safety requirements of the Arts program and customer bookings that have public audience.
The skills and experience you must have are:
- Excellent understanding and appreciation of good customer care practice
- Experience of working with the public
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to deal effectively with people from all backgrounds
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Ability to remain calm when working under pressure
- Knowledge of health and safety issues, Public Liability, PAT testing etc
- Advanced experience of using IT - Microsoft Office (particularly Word and Excell), email, ability to operate bespoke IT packages for venue bookings, ticket sales, E-returns, PECOS.
- Ability to organise and prioritise a personal workload, scheduling and forward planning work priorities to ensure deadlines are met.
- Proven track record of being able to work on own initiative with the minimum of supervision
- A good knowledge of the capabilities and the extent of the venue
- Capacity and willingness to learn
INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY
385.14 - Venue Assistant.pdf