Could you care for Edinburgh’s children?
We need Foster Carers to care for Edinburgh’s vulnerable children and young people.
• must be over 21yrs
• can be single, living with a partner, or married
• may have children or step-children, or no children at all
• may be a tenant or home owner
• may live in a flat or a house
• may or may not be in paid employment
Foster Carers are classed as self- employed and do not have employment status with the City of Edinburgh Council.
You’ll receive -
• comprehensive preparation and ongoing training
• individual support and advice from experienced social workers
• fees and allowances
Any foster carers are subject to the following checks – full medical, the highest police checks under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme Criminal declaration, Medical declaration
Please ensure you have read and considered the following areas, and answer the questions in the application form