Electrical Technician, Kirkton Service Centre (384.44)
5 days left
- Full Time
Applications will be processed as they are submitted
Building Services deliver both housing and non-housing repairs and refurbishment programmes using multi -disciplinary teams of approx. 400 operatives.
To maintain our high level of service we now require 9 highly motivated Technician Electricians to carry out a variety of electrical tasks to our housing and non-housing properties.
The key duties of this post are:
- Carrying out new electrical installation work using a variety of installation methods including twin and earth cabling, trunking/conduit systems, MICC and armoured cables.
- To carry out installation, maintenance and repairs on a variety of other systems including, domestic/commercial power and lighting, door entry systems, emergency lighting and smoke alarm system.
- Testing, inspection and certification of all work and ensuring this is carried out in a safe and professional manner, in compliance with the requirements of the relevant acts, regulations and codes of practice.
The skills and experience you must have are:
- You must hold a minimum of SQA/ City & Guilds parts 1 and 2 in Electrical Installation, City & Guilds 2382 certificate (17th edition wiring regulations) or equivalent.
- You should hold a full current driving licence.
- You should have passed your Approved competency assessment and have at least one year experience as an Approved Electrician.
- You should be passionate about customer care, service and the safety of your customers and take pride in the quality of your workmanship
- Have exceptional technical skills, ability and experience beyond that expected of an approved electrician.
- Have a good knowledge and experience in periodic inspection of both domestic and commercial installations.
- Must have supervisory experience and the ability to set out jobs from drawings and specifications and the ability to requisition the necessary materials.
- Good communicator with good customer care skills.
Hold a full clean driving licence
Employees are entitled to discounts at over 90 local businesses and over 1000 nationwide and to promote the councils commitment to a healthy workforce we offer employees variety of services including physiotherapy etc.
384.44 Electrical Technician.pdf