Advanced Plumber x 5, Kirkton Service Centre (Plumb1)
Previous applicants need not apply
Applications will be looked at on an on going basis
Building Services deliver both housing and non-housing repairs and refurbishment programmes using multi -disciplinary teams of approx. 400 operatives and 50 staff.
The key duties of this post are:
- Working to plans fitting pipes (hot/cold/soil/waste systems), toilets, radiators, cold water tanks, kitchen and bathroom appliances, waste disposal units, searching and diagnosing faults, repairing leaks.
- Using hand tools to cut, bend, and join metal / plastic pipes.
- Weatherproofing roofs, pipes and gutters with lead, metal and plastics.
- Checking and testing all work.
- Ensuring the security and correct operation of plant and equipment supplied, to include vehicles, and mobile data equipment i.e. PDAs.
- Carrying out the full range of domestic plumbing to current regulations on cold water, hot water, waste pipework.
- Working on domestic, commercial and industrial premises including schools and sheltered housing.
The skills and experience you must have are:
- Must have satisfactorily completed a recognised apprenticeship in Plumbing.
- Have a high level of health and safety awareness.
- Working Knowledge of relevant statutory regulations, standards and codes of practice.
Employees are entitled to discounts at over 90 local businesses and over 1000 nationwide and to promote the councils commitment to a healthy workforce we offer employees variety of services including physiotherapy etc
Plumb1 - Advanced Plumber (2).pdf