Supply Residential Care Officer, Various Locations (378.31)
We are currently looking to recruit to our casual staff bank. You should note that hours will not be guaranteed and successful applicants will be placed onto a casual bank and will be contacted to cover shifts as and when required.
Applications will be processed as they are submitted.
Various Locations - Torcroft / Letham / Whitrigg / Newton / Dedridge (£12.68 or £14.71 per hour)
You will work across all our residential houses, as part of a team who relish the ever-demanding changes in residential childcare
The key duties of this post are:
- To contribute to the provision and maintenance of a nurturing environment in which physical, emotional, psychological, social and educational (where appropriate) needs of children and young people in care are paramount.
- To implement the function and objectives of the service, within the policies and guidelines established by West Lothian Council.
- To carry out the role of Residential Care Officer in accordance with standards set by the Department, working collaboratively with the Assistant Manager, Manager, Service Manager and the Community Care Registration and Inspection Service
- To undertake keyworker responsibility for the care of individual children/young people and their care plan.
The skills and experience you must have are:
- A minimum of HNC in Social Care (including SVQ level (I I I) is essential.
- Registration with the SSSC
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by West Lothian Council.
This position requires registration with the SSSC. The successful candidate will have six months from commencement in this post to register with the SSSC. If you are already registered with SSSC you will be required to add West Lothian Council to your account.
378.31 - Residential Care Officer - Locum.pdf