Supply Secondary Teacher
East Dunbartonshire is seeking to recruit fully qualified primary and secondary teachers and existing primary and secondary probationer teachers who have achieved full GTCS registration primary and secondary to cover short term and fixed term temporary supply teaching positions throughout the Council area.
Supply teachers are recognised as particularly important in ensuring continuity for pupils in terms of effective teaching and learning.
For many newly qualified teachers, supply teaching provides and introduction to the authority and helps to establish a body of practical experience, often in a range of schools, which will support applications for permanent appointments.
Some of the temporary supply positions will be in the denominational sector and will require RC Church Approval.
Short term supply teachers, other than probationers, who are registered with the General Teaching Council Scotland will be placed on Point 1 of the Scottish Negotiating Committee for Teachers (SNCT) salary scale and fixed term supply teachers will be paid the appropriate salary scale in accordance with SNCT Conditions of Service.
Probationers will be placed on Point 0 of the SNCT salary scale until they have achieved full registration with the General Teaching Council Scotland
IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY ON THE EAST DUNBARTONSHIRE COUNCIL SUPPLY LIST THERE IS NO NEED TO RE-APPLY.
A Head Teachers Report must be submitted with applications. Applications submitted without this supporting document will not be considered.
Head Teachers Report template & Role Profile can be found at the bottom of this page.
Please e-mail the Head Teachers Report to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have completed the on-line application process and your application has been assessed and recommended for acceptance onto the supply list you will receive further supporting documents and information to complete by post.
This post is a childcare position under the Protection of Children (Scotland) Act etc.
Applications must be, or eligible to be General Teaching Council Scotland registered for teaching posts.
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date of the outcome of your application.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful as soon as practically possible.
Unpromoted HT Report.doc
EAD00002 Role Profile.doc